Monday, April 15, 2013

These are the fictions we weave




I have memories of things,
that haven’t happened yet

of a sudden infusion
two atoms colliding, creating new matter
and suddenly
you
matter
to me

I lean upward
mirrored in the beveled sky’s oculus
that blinking orb stretched between our horizons
that mercurial heart of a jeweled universe

we would be nothing
you and I
if mere reflection

instead
the hand, writing
leaves spaces between words
to heave the breath of pleasure
the all-seeing sigh that
swirls the celestial dust
against the mirror’s glass

you gave your lips to me
until the flesh knew
the incomprehensible flexion
behind the eye’s evidence
held in memory, almost certain that it happened
although disputes have been had
over how, when and why

these are the fictions we weave

No comments:

Post a Comment